For the fifth year in a row half of our class will have the privilege to have Julie & Dan Clasemann with our program. They can tell you that teaching the students has changed their lives so much more than they could have ever imagined. We have seen success with having teachers follow the students through to Confirmation and so we are going to try it again with having Joe Ackerman and Teresa Bruns follow their ninth graders into tenth grade. So not only was last year their first year teaching and learning curriculum they said “Yes” to do it again. So this is our second year teaching the Chosen program and it will be Joe & Teresa’s first year teaching this.
This year we have a new curriculum for Confirmation 10th grade. It just came out this last spring and we were lucky to be one of their test sites when they were writing it. This program prepared students intellectually and spiritually to receive the sacrament of Confirmation. The program both catechizes and challenges teens to fully embrace a life in Christ. Chosen is a comprehensive learning experience centered around video and workbook lessons, with guides for leaders, parents and sponsors.
- January 18th – Net Retreat – Church Basement – 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- February 11th & 12th – 9th & 10th Grade Overnight Confirmation Retreat – Camp Friendship
- April 5th – Oral Interview & Written Test for Confirmation – Main Church 7:00 p.m.
- April 12th – Joe & Teresa’s Class – Mass & Supper with Father – Main Church 6:30 p.m.
- April – 19th – Andrea McBrady & Bob Schneider’s Class – Mass & Supper with Father – Main Church 6:30 p.m.
- April 24th – Rite of Acceptance – Parent, Mentors & Candidates – Church Basement – 9:30 a.m.
- May 1st – Confirmation – St. Mary’s Basilica – need to be there no later than 6:15 p.m. pictures will be taken at the Basilica