It’s a busy day around the parish with many of the usual Wednesday activities. There is the morning Bible study, open youth room, and faith formation. There are other events and activities happening behind the scenes.
- The big news in our nation is that Pope Francis is visiting Washington D.C. today. I hope you were able to catch the welcoming ceremony at the White House. Follow the events and find other resources here. Also, stay tuned to a number of Catholic news sources via radio, TV, Twitter, Facebook, and elsewhere. It’s always better, of course, to hear the message straight from the source for the sake of clarity.
- Again, I hope to see everyone at the fall festival this Sunday. It looks like we should have great weather. We’re still looking for help in setting up the tents on Saturday. Please contact Sheri Nichols or Brandi Brandstrom, the festival chairs, if you can help.
- I’ll eventually make a separate post about this, but don’t forget to mark your calendars for October 7th at 7:00 P.M. We’re excited to welcome musical savant, Tony Deblois in a free concert. He has been blind and autistic sincere birth, has performed for presidents, been on the Today show, Entertainment Tonight, and CBS Sunday Morning. He has a repertoire of over 10,000 songs and has a strong, inspirational message. Thank you to the generous sponsors who made this concert possible, listed in the bulletin and on the flyers.
- There are many hours of adoration still open. Please consider this opportunity to grow in your faith. Sign up as a family and take turns. There are substitutes available when you’re unable to come. If you spend this hour in silence before Jesus in prayer, it will transform your life. Open hours are: Sunday: 3am, 8am, 5pm. Monday 3pm. Tuesday 4am, 10am. Wednesday 2am. Thursday 1am. Friday 8pm, 10pm. Saturday 3am, 2pm, 3pm, 7pm, 9pm, 10pm. More important than any activity you can do for the parish or for others is first spending time in prayer. Please consider helping in this way.
- We are almost ready to submit the materials to Lifetouch for the directory after editing our database with your updated addresses, emails, and phone numbers.
- The application for the building permit was submitted to the city for the school project.
- The opening Mass for the afternoon session of CCD will be today at 4:30 P.M.
- Please continue to pray for Matthew Rothstein and his family. Matthew’s funeral will be tomorrow, Thursday, at 11:00 A.M.
Don’t forget to send your high school and middle school aged children to open youth room today. Please keep the Holy Father in your prayers during his visit. May we all be open to hearing his message during these days ahead and may his words inspire and strengthen the Church in America.