I hope you had a great Labor Day weekend. Here’s an update on what’s new around the parish.
- The big news today is that the students and teachers are back to school. Again, it’s great to have them here again. It always brings such life to the parish. There was an opening prayer service this morning to kick off the year. It’s nice to see the preschool up and running and doing well too. It adds a whole new dimension to the school and everything is going great so far. In the weeks and months ahead, I’ll be writing a lot more about the school and hope to have others share their thoughts as we focus on the blessing of Catholic education and Saint Timothy’s school in a special way.
- There is an important CCW (Council of Catholic Women) meeting tonight in the school gym. Potluck is at 6:00 and dinner is at 7:00. All women of the parish are invited. Tonight’s meeting is especially important as we review the great contribution that the CCW makes to the parish and community, seek to fill leadership roles, and discuss the future vision of the CCW.
- We offer special prayers, of course, for all the students and teachers and parents of our parish as the new school year begins.
- Begin your preparations for Sunday early. Read the Sunday’s readings here:
- There is still no news on the addition project, but we’re hoping to hear something soon from the state so that we can move ahead. In the meantime, we are using the church basement, library in town, and other spaces, as needed to make sure that classes are not disrupted.
- As a reminder, there is an open house for faith formation tomorrow evening.
- There is much more happening, but there is a brief update. See you soon.