I hope you had a great weekend and enjoyed the nice weather. There continues to be a lot of behind the scenes work and meetings, but here is a brief update on what is happening around the parish and school.
- First, there is some big news with the school addition project. We received the necessary approval from the state to go forward with construction. We are, of course, very excited about this news and look forward to breaking ground soon. The next step is to pursue the building permits from the city. We hope to break ground right after the fall festival. Please keep this project in your prayers as we try to improve our already great school.
- The Bible Study begins tonight in the church basement. This should be a great study as we focus on Church History. There really isn’t a more exciting story to tell than the one of our own Church’s. With saints and sinners, ups and downs, persecutions and triumphs, adventures and daily living, the Church has striven to make Christ’s presence known to the world. See you tonight or tomorrow morning.
- Today is the feast of Our Lady of Sorrows. We remember how Mary suffered with her Son. Simeon prophesied that a sword would pierce Mary’s heart. We remember how her compassionate and loving heart was wounded by the sufferings of Jesus and the challenges that she herself faced as the mother of the redeemer. Perhaps we can say an extra Hail Mary today especially for someone who may be suffering.
- Read this Sunday’s readings today to prepare yourself for Mass. Link here.
- SMART Boards have been installed in the school. We’re excited to have them.
As always, there is much more happening but there are some highlights. Have a great evening. See you soon.