I hope all is well, and I hope you had a great weekend. Here is a brief update on what’s new around the parish and school:
- Tonight, we have the volunteer training and informational meeting for the capital campaign at 6:00 P.M. in the school gym. We had a very good response and offer to help with the campaign this weekend. Thank you for your generous response and availability. Please plan to come tonight to learn how you can play a part, big or small, in offering your time to see the capital campaign projects come to fruition.
- You might have noticed there was some digging at the new school addition site yesterday. Everyone is very excited as we prepare the ground for the addition. We have encountered some additional delays in obtaining the building permit, so we are not yet able to begin the project itself, but we are able to prepare the ground. Thank you for your support and patience as we try to improve our school.
- Don’t forget to come to the concert tomorrow evening at 7:00 P.M. in the church.
- We had a great Marathon on Saturday. Thank you for all of your support. The students are trying to reach their goal of the school lock-in and only have about a week left. They could use an additional push this year, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Capital campaign pledges continue to come from our preparatory work for the campaign. I was excited to announce that we already have $200,000 pledged for the projects. That number has now increased. Soon, you’ll be hearing from others on how you can contribute to the campaign. If you have any questions, I’ll be happy to answer them or you can speak to our co-chairs and volunteers. I will likely post more information about the campaign and the projects online in the days and weeks ahead.
- As always, prepare for Sunday Mass by reading the readings ahead of time. Link here.
- Please pray for Pope Francis and the bishops who are gathered in Rome to for the Synod of Families. The Holy Father asked for our prayers for this synod a number of times while he was in America. It’s an opportunity to reflect on the importance, beauty, dignity, and challenges of marriage and family life and how to live the Gospel within the family in our time.
See you tonight at the volunteer meeting or at the concert tomorrow night. God bless.