Good morning everyone,
As things start to settle more into a routine in the parish and school now that everything is underway, I’ll likely focus my time more on a weekly news update at the beginning of the week, post anything more time-sensitive in brief posts throughout the week, and then highlight different organizations or activities of the parish in more regular posts. Once again, it’s a pretty typical Thursday, Friday, and weekend ahead. Here is what is happening in the days ahead:
- Tonight, we have our liturgy committee meeting. As mentioned last time, the liturgy committee advises me on matters relating to the Masses, prayer services, liturgical schedules, opportunities for prayer, and more in the parish. It is comprised of anyone with a liturgical role. We will discuss the Year of Mercy, Advent, and Christmas in the meeting tonight, among other topics. Again, I’m grateful to all of our musicians, arts and environment volunteers, sacristans, and all those who play a public role in our Masses. I’m grateful to Jane Wurm especially for all of her work behind the scenes and her leadership here.
- We had the school Mass this morning with the parable of the lost sheep, which emphasizes God’s merciful love for us and how God seeks us out with his mercy.
- We hope to begin work on the school addition project on Monday of next week. It will be great to begin the work in earnest as soon as possible.
- I look forward to sharing the latest numbers on the capital campaign this weekend. Thank you again for your support and generosity.
- Tomorrow, Friday, there will be Friday Night Live for the Middle School Students. This is a time of fun, games, and prayer. It will be in the school. Join the Core Team and Heather for a great night.
- Tomorrow, I will be going to the Annandale Care Center for Mass at 10:30. I look forward to seeing our parishioners and the others there. Again, Father George and I take turns every other First Friday and celebrate Mass there.
- Once again, I look forward to having Father Pawelk with us this weekend to share his words of gratitude with all of you for your support of the Church in Tennessee and the latest news from him.
- This Saturday is the first Saturday of the month, which means we will have confessions at 7:30, Mass at 8:00, and devotions and adoration following Mass.
I hope you have a great weekend.