Here is an update on some happenings around the parish today.
- The major event today is the informational meeting for parents of youth regarding discipleship groups. These groups will be optional, but they will be great if you want your child to stay engaged in the faith and really let the Gospel of Christ take root in their heart. Read more about them in the post from yesterday: Click here The meeting will be at 6:30 P.M. in the church basement.
- It was great to see everyone at the school’s open house yesterday. We had a great turnout and it was wonderful to see all of the parents, students, teachers, and staff. We look forward to a great new school year. Special thanks to Amy Ogram and the volunteers who helped serve the meal.
- Remember taking your picture for the parish directory? Wondering when the directory will be printed? We’ve been working on all of the formatting, layout, and other design details this summer and now just need to fine-tune a few things before submitting the draft for printing. We certainly hope to have them to you in the next few months.
- As always, we had daily Mass this morning. Even if you can’t make it to Mass, you can follow along with the readings. Today is the feast of Saint Gregory the Great. You can learn more about him here.
- In case you missed it, the Holy Father had a “virtual audience” with different people from around the United States. It will air in its entirety later, but here is an excerpt of some what the Pope had to say before his arrival in twenty days.
- There is, of course, much more happening “behind the scenes” and with the office as we prepare for the new school year and work on different projects, but those are some of the highlights. God bless.