It was great to see everyone at the concert last night. I hope you all enjoyed it. I know it was amazing for me to see and hear Tony play and know that he was doing all of that without being able to see. Thank you again to our sponsors who allowed us to offer the concert for free and thank you to Tracy Yanta for her work in organizing it.
Here are some updates around the parish:
- We had the school Mass this morning. Tony Deblois surprised everyone by playing a post-communion hymn during the Mass, “I believe in miracles”.
- Tony had a second concert then for the school children. Again, it was great to have him and his inspiring presence.
- Can you guess what this means? We have now mailed in all of the materials needed for the proof for the new parish directory. As you can imagine, it takes a lot of work behind the scenes after all of the photographs are taken so that we can have a nice directory. We needed to update our parish database with any changes, choose formatting, add organization pictures, introduce the parish and school, and much more. All of that work is now completed, and our materials are on the way to LifeTouch. We should receive a proof of the new directory in the next few weeks and, if approved, we should have them printed in the next few months. Thank you to all those who had their pictures taken and thank you especially to those who helped work on the directory. I’ll have more extensive thanks later.
- We now have over $270,000 pledged for the capital campaign, and we really haven’t begun too much of the “hard work” yet. This is great news. Thank you to all those who have already contributed. We’ll have volunteers at the tables at the exits of the church this weekend to answer any questions and to give you the ability to sign up to help volunteer too.
- As a reminder, the students in the school could really use an extra push this year to make their goal of a lock-in. Any help with pledges for the Marathon would be greatly appreciated. You can return your pledges after the Masses this weekend or simply place them in the collection basket.
See you soon.