It’s a relatively quiet day on the “hard calendar” here at the parish. The parish and school offices are very busy with a number of behind the scenes work and projects. Here is an update on what is happening around the parish:
- This morning, we had our first school Mass of the year. As you know, the Mass time is moved to 9:00 on Thursdays during the school year so that our students can attend. Again, it was great to have the Mass with the children again, to see them do the readings, serve, and sing in the choir.
- There will be a VIRTUS training session tonight at 6:30 P.M. in the church basement. VIRTUS is required for anyone who will volunteer around minors or vulnerable adults to make sure that we have a safe environment for our children. This would include anyone who helps in the school, field trips, youth group events, faith formation, visits to the home bound, or other similar activities. If you don’t already have this training, this would be a great opportunity for you since it is right here at Saint Timothy’s.
- Thank you to all who attended the faith formation open house. There was a great turnout from parents. Thank you.
- Thank you to the Knights of Columbus for helping us to kick off Open Youth Room last night with a cookout in the park. The rain held out just long enough for the youth to enjoy the weather. Open Youth Room will begin its regular location and schedule this coming Wednesday, September 16th from 3:00-7:00.
- If you are a member of groups five or six, please check out the sign up sheet by the fall festival to see how you can help. We are still looking for volunteers for the various activities. The festival is only a few weeks away.
As always, there is much more happening, but there is a brief update.
See you soon.