I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends. It was great to see all of you at the Masses. Here is a brief update of the latest news around the parish.
- First, don’t forget to make plans to attend Mass for the Holy Day of Obligation of Mary, Mother of God. Start the new year off right with Mass. We will have Mass on Thursday afternoon at 4:30 P.M. and Friday morning at 9:00 A.M. Again, every Catholic is expected to attend Mass on these days. See you there.
- Speaking of the new year, since this is that time of the year when people make resolutions, it might be helpful to make a spiritual goal for the year ahead. Perhaps it is something you could take to prayer and reflection in the coming days, whether it is increased Mass attendance, better quality prayer, spiritual reading, attending more faith education opportunities, overcoming a vice, or whatever it might be.
- Plan ahead for Mass for this Sunday. Readings found here. This Sunday is the feast of Epiphany where we celebrate how God revealed to all of the nations that Jesus is the savior of the world. We’re mindful of the magi or “three kings” in a special way this weekend.
- I hope you received your copy of Matthew Kelly’s “Rediscover Jesus” book at one of the Christmas Masses. If not, feel free to pick up a copy the next time that you are here. It is his latest book. Combined with the Year of Mercy Magnificats and other opportunities, I’m hopeful that we can all have a number of ways to grow in our faith and prayer this year.
- Speaking of opportunities to grow in our faith, we are in the planning stages of scheduling different events for 2016. You will hear more about this soon, but we already have scheduled an exhibit that recounts the many Eucharistic miracles throughout the world and a visit by an internationally renowned scientist who led the team that thoroughly tested the Shroud of Turin, the potential burial cloth of Jesus. Again, there will be more details to come.
- Please pray for Jake Traxler and Jacinta Jude who will be married here at Saint Timothy’s on Friday, January 1st.
- As a reminder, our directories are scheduled to ship next week. You should receive your copy in the weeks ahead.
Again, I hope you had a great Christmas, and I look forward to seeing you on New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day.