Again, I hope you’re having a great week. As I mentioned in my earlier post, the CCW (Council of Catholic Women) had a good meeting last night. I’m so grateful for all of their hard work and service in the parish and community. I’m especially grateful to Betty Thomes and Barb Manuel who agreed to serve as co-presidents of the CCW. At last night’s meeting, there was the opportunity to review the various activities and contributions that the CCW makes or has made to the parish, school, and community. I was not aware of many of these activities myself and was certainly impressed. I thought I would pass along some of the good work that the CCW does. All women of the parish are members of the CCW. It would be great to have more participation in the months and years ahead.
- Funeral Lunches
- Pro-life Baby Shower
- Bake and Produce Sale
- Appalachia Christmas Project
- Ecumenical Thanksgiving Service (Serve Pie/Coffee)
- Craft and Bake Sale
- Annandale Care Center December Birthdays
- School Marathon Pledge – $200
- Christmas Gifts for Pastor and CCW President – $400 total.
- Saint Timothy’s School Fundraiser – $1,000.
- Saint Timothy’s School Scholarship Fund – $2,300.
- Saint Timothy’s School Deep Portage – $200.
- KRWC Rosary – $200.
- Maple Lake High School CCW Scholarship – $750
Examples of Previous Donations in Addition to Current Ones
- Saint Timothy’s School Hearing Testing Machines (2) – $1,660.
- Saint Timothy’s School Defibrillator – $1,000.
- Maple Lake Fire Department Lucas Machine – $1,000.
- Elim Homes of Buffalo “A Call to Care” Campaign – $1,000.
- Community Health Foundation Hospice House (Lakeside Oasis) – $1,000.
- Youth Group – $600.
- Youth Group March for Life Trip to Washington D.C. – $600.
- Year of Priest Picnic – $1,000.
- Eucharistic Congress (Two Coach Buses) – $1,054.88.
- Server Cassocks and Surplices – $415.75.
- Ritual Song Books – $470.
- Pastor Appreciation Picnic – $875.97.
- Pastor Appreciation Gift – $200.
- The Giving Tree – $250.
- Father Joah Ellis Ordination – $100.
- Ex-prisoners of War – $100.
Thank you again to the CCW and all of you for your generosity and support.