I hope that you are doing well.
I wanted to remind you that we will return back to Mass this weekend at Saint Timothy’s with the usual Mass schedule of 4:30 P.M., 8:00 A.M., and 10:00 A.M. In addition, we have added a parking lot Mass at noon.
Once again, please know that your Sunday obligation continues to be suspended during this time and you should not feel obliged to come to church if you do not feel comfortable or able to do so. We wanted to offer the Masses and sacraments for those who would like to be physically present, and we are excited to celebrate those Masses once again at Saint Timothy’s. Those over 65 years of age should remain at home.
As you know, Masses will look very different during this time. Click the link below for the very extensive outlining of all of the details for those who are curious.
Please note that this is subject to change as we observe how things happen this weekend and beyond. This plan is based on the guidelines and recommendations of the CDC and the Archdiocese in how we can offer the sacraments to you, while still doing it in the safest way possible.
A few of the more important points to know:
- Everyone will enter through the adoration chapel entrance doors that face the parking lot. All other doors will be locked.
- Communion distribution will happen after Mass.
- There will be no congregational singing.
- You will be ushered to your seat to ensure adequate social distancing.
- At this time, we can only have 25% of church capacity at any given time. While we are hopeful that we have enough Masses being offered now that we will not need to turn anyone away, it is possible that we will reach capacity and we will need to close the doors. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. Again, we can adapt our plan as we see what the numbers look like.
- Masks will be required of all volunteers for the church and are strongly encouraged for those attending.
Parking Lot Mass
Also, as mentioned earlier and above, we will now have a parking lot Mass at Saint Timothy’s at noon every Sunday for the foreseeable future. Special thanks to Tricia Manuel once again for initiating, organizing, and spearheading this effort. Our hope is that this Mass would allow many of you that may not yet be able to come to the church building to participate and pray along with us in person and receive the Eucharist.
Here is some additional information on this Mass:
We do know now that the frequency for the Mass will be 1550 AM though you will need to be in very close proximity to the church to listen, much like a drive-in movie.
Daily Masses, Confessions, and Live Streaming
Daily Masses will also resume once again on Tuesday with the usual schedule. Confessions unfortunately will be very limited in the very near future to Saturdays from 3:30-4:00 P.M. They will happen, as they have been, by Saint Mary’s altar, while standing and respecting social distancing. We hope to add more times for confession very soon.
Finally, unfortunately, while I thought we could have live-streaming back here at Saint Timothy’s this weekend, that was not able to happen. I apologize about that, as I was hoping we could have something up and running this Sunday. We have heard that for many of you the experience has been challenging with the internet connection and sound issues. We want to get those issues worked out in the days ahead and then provide a better experience soon. Stay tuned in that way. In the meantime, you can go to this link to find resources for where else to find streaming Masses.
Once again, as we all know, everything is very fluid right now and very subject to change. Please stay tuned to the website, social media, and bulletins for more information in the days ahead.
We are very much looking forward to celebrating the Masses with you, in person, for the first time in months. God bless and see you soon.