I hope all is well, and I hope you’re enjoying the weather. Here is an update on the latest news around the parish:
- We are less than two weeks away from our Year of Mercy Pilgrimage on Wednesday, July 13th. You won’t want to miss it. It should be a great time of spiritual renewal, prayer, and good company with fellow parishioners with Mass, confessions, a nice walk along Summit Avenue, the opportunity for a social at Madigan’s when we return, and most importantly the opportunity for a plenary indulgence by walking through the Holy Doors. Pope Francis wants everyone to experience God’s mercy in a special way this year. Receiving an indulgence, which requires the usual conditions, means that our souls are completely purified of all sin and any time required for doing penance for our sins is omitted. Colloquially, we would say, it’s an opportunity for a complete fresh start. Regardless, it should be a great day of prayer. Registrations are due by the beginning of next week, so please turn them in soon. Forms are available on our website or at the exits of the church. The fee is only $40/person.
- We are very close to completing the school addition. Teachers have begun moving into the new classrooms in preparation for next year. We do need to add sidewalks and have a few interior details to complete, but we are getting close to being able to say we are finished. Thank you again for your support. It will be such a blessing for our students this year. The picture above is what everything looked like when we first began. It has changed drastically in just a few months.
- Please pray for Michael Moran and Maria Stokman who will be married this weekend and Tyler Ledwein and Meghan Couette who will be married next weekend.
- This Saturday, we will have our first Saturday devotions. That means we will have confessions at 7:30 A.M., Mass at 8:00 A.M., blessing of religious articles and new mothers at 8:30, and devotions and adoration around 8:35. Please join us. If you have never been to these devotions, it’s a great way to honor Mary and ask for her prayers.
- We will have a special Mass on the Fourth of July, Monday, at 8:00 A.M. We hope to see you there.
- We will have two baptisms after the 10:00 AM Mass this Sunday.
- We are having our summer program in the school once again this year. This week, the focus is on “Crafts”. Each week will have a different subject for the students to study during the summer.
- As we approach the end of the fiscal year, I hope to have a report to you soon about the parish’s financial status. I hope to write an extensive post online and have a report in the bulletin about the finances of the parish generally. You can look for that in the next month or so.
- We are looking for a second grade teacher for faith formation and we are looking for people to help as teacher’s aides in the classrooms. Please contact me if you are interested in these positions or if you know someone else who might be a good candidate.
- Planning has already begun in earnest for the fall festival. I am very grateful to Chris and Shannon Paumen for agreeing to serve as our chairs this year. There will be a meeting in the church basement on Tuesday, July 12th at 7:00 PM. This year, groups one and two are asked to help in a special way.
- We had a very good parish advisory council meeting this past Tuesday. Summer is a time for planning and preparing for the year ahead. Currently on the parish advisory council is Frank Sullivan, Angie Pribyl, Kristi LaTour, Sean Deringer, Jane Wurm, Tracy Yanta, and Paul Stokman.
- Our new Director of Religious Education, Andrew Zeisel, and our new youth director, Baylyn Riviere, both begin their new positions in the middle of July. We’re excited to have them and welcome them.
- Don’t forget to register for the Golf Tournament. Forms are available at the exits of the church and the tournament is on Sunday, July 10th. All proceeds from the tournament benefit our school.
I hope you all have a wonderful and safe Fourth of July weekend. See you at Mass this weekend.