I hope you had a great weekend. Here is some of the news around the parish.
- Please pray for our parishioners who passed away recently and their families. Jeanne Holmberg’s funeral will be tomorrow, Tuesday, at 10:30. Thomas Feela’s funeral will be on Friday at 10:30. Muriel Rasset’s funeral will be on Monday at 10:30.
- I was happy to announce that we were at $860,000 towards our goal of a million dollars for the capital campaign this past weekend. We are now at $903,734.00. I will try to keep you updated throughout the week to see if we can reach our goal by next week. Thank you again so much for your generosity and support. As a reminder, we hope to have the pledges all returned by this weekend.
- This Sunday is the feast of Christ the King. It is the last Sunday in the Church’s calendar before we start a new Church year with the season of Advent. Prepare in advance by reading the readings here.
- The sixth and seventh graders will have a retreat this Saturday at the school.
- On Thursday, there will be a special time of adoration and prayer called “Gethsemane”. It is a time to be in quiet before the Lord in the main church with occasional musical accompaniment. It’s an opportunity to adore the Lord together as a parish and take time from our busy schedules to be with him.
- We had a nice meeting last Thursday with the parish leadership of many of the different groups and outreaches in the parish. We’re blessed with such great people to lead and work on these various ministries and committees. I hope to feature the various organizations online in the weeks and months ahead.
- If you know of someone who is interested in becoming Catholic or completing their initiation into the Catholic Church, please have them contact me at email@example.com. RCIA classes will be beginning soon.
- As always, there is the usual parish life of Bible study, youth group, youth group small groups, confessions for faith formation, marriage preparation, Familia, the great life and learning at the school, and much more, but there is a snapshot of some of the unique things happening this week. Again, I will try to keep you posted throughout the week on the progress of the campaign and other parish projects. Let’s continue to pray for each other as a parish, especially any among us who may be suffering or struggling in a special way.