I hope you had a good holy day yesterday. There is a lot happening around the parish. Here is the latest news:
- Construction began today on the structure of the school addition. Here is a picture of their work so far.
- We will have another gift for you this weekend at the Masses. Two weeks ago, we gave you the Magnifcat Advent Companion to help your prayer during this season. This weekend, we will be giving you the Magnifcat “Year of Mercy” Companion. We hope this will help you and your family enter into this special jubilee year in a spirit of prayer and spiritual growth. There are reflections that pertain to mercy for each day of the year. Again, it only takes a minute or two each day and is something that all of us can do during this time that will help ourselves and our families grow in our appreciation of God’s love. Also, we received additional copies of the Advent companion. Those at the 10:00 A.M. Mass did not receive these and can pick up a copy after the Masses this weekend. Also, if you missed it, I posted about the Year of Mercy and what that means yesterday.
- Mark your calendars for next Tuesday, December 15th. We will have an Advent Night of Adoration. It will be a special night of adoration, quiet, prayer, music, and Advent meditations. We will have adoration from 7:00-9:00 P.M. with benediction around 8:50 P.M. I will hear confessions throughout the time of adoration too. You can come and go as you would like. Come just for a few minutes or stay for the whole time. It would be great to have many people from our parish attend. There will be Advent reflections and meditations. If you have never experienced Eucharistic adoration before, this would be an especially good chance to do so. Come spend a few minutes or an hour with Jesus in the silence and patient waiting that the season of Advent calls us towards.
- Thank you to all of you who took an angel for the giving tree and returned the gifts yesterday and thank you to all of our volunteers and Liz Elsenpeter, who coordinates the project. We will distribute the gifts this week. Your generosity helps those in need.
- This Friday will be a special evening for the youth, as we will have Mass, adoration, dinner, and fun. Mass will begin the night at 6:00 and it will conclude at midnight.
- Saturday is the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe. We will have a special morning Mass at 8:00 A.M. I look forward to the dinner and family fun night after the 4:30 P.M. Mass this weekend. I hope you purchased a ticket.
- Join us for coffee and donuts after the morning Masses this weekend.
- I look forward to having Bobby, our teaching parish seminarian, up for a visit this weekend. Please continue to pray for him. God willing, he will be ordained a deacon in six months.
- I received some unfortunate news this morning. Our directories will not be shipping until January 5th. We were hoping to have them in your hands by Christmas, but they will have to be a slightly delayed Christmas gift. They are definitely on their way, though, and we look forward to having them in your hands soon.
- Tonight, the 6th graders and 8th graders will have confession for faith formation.
- We are now over $1,100,000 pledged for the capital campaign. Thank you again for all of your generosity.
As always, there is much more happening behind the scenes. It was great to see so many of you at the morning Mass yesterday. See you soon.