I hope all is well, and I hope your week is going well. There is a lot happening around the parish currently. Here is the latest news:
- Join us tonight at the school for our Spring Program at 7:00 P.M. It promises to be a great one, as the children will be singing various Irish songs, both religious and secular.
- Work continues on the school addition. We are hoping to have the final building inspection in the upcoming weeks. The ceiling tiles are in, the walls are painted, electricity has been working for some time, and we are just putting on the finishing touches. We do plan to have an “open house” of some sort in the months ahead. Everything looks great, and we’re looking forward to showing you the new classrooms. Again, we’re so grateful for your generosity to the campaign which allowed us to have the classrooms added. Your generosity will allow our children to have an even better learning environment so that we can continue to form and educate the students in a Catholic environment. Thank you again so much. We look forward to showing you the fruits of your generosity in the months ahead.
- Speaking of the capital campaign, we have had a number of roofing companies come to the church in the past month or so. We are waiting on the final bids and proposals. Once we receive them, I will hear the recommendations of the finance council and proceed from there. We have two more bids for which we are currently waiting, but we should receive them this week. It will be a question of which materials to use as well as which company to use. I’m very grateful to Don Rachel for taking the time to help organize this effort.
- We are in the process of interviewing for the open positions in the parish or will be soon. As you know, we are currently looking for a youth director and a director of religious education.
- Please pray for Archbishop Hebda, who will be installed officially as our new Archbishop this Friday at the Cathedral.
- Please also pray for the men to be ordained as transitional deacons this Saturday at the Basilica. This is an important moment on their way to priesthood next year. Bryce Evans, who was here with us last summer, will be ordained this Saturday with this group. Please pray for our teaching parish seminarian, Bobby Gonnella, who will be ordained a transitional deacon next Saturday in his home diocese of Rockford, Illinois.
- Please also pray for Deacon Matthew Northenscold, from our own parish, who will be ordained a priest at the end of the month. He will celebrate his first Mass here at Saint Timothy’s on Sunday, May 29th at the 10:00 AM Mass. We will have a reception for him following the Corpus Christi procession.
- Again, we look forward to welcoming Archbishop Emeritus Harry Flynn to our parish this weekend. He will speak on Eucharistic adoration at all of the Masses.
- Thank you, once again, for all of your generosity and support at the Spring Auction. It was a wonderful evening and your generosity was incredible. We will have final numbers soon, but it certainly was a success. It allows us to continue to provide a great education in our school and to continue to grow our programs.
- There is much more happening behind the scenes, but there is a brief update on what is new around the parish. Let’s continue to pray for each other as a parish, being especially mindful of anyone who might be struggling.