I hope you’re having a good week and surviving the snow. Here is an update on what is new around the parish:
- You can see the latest progress on the school addition in the pictures above. Things are really coming together, and it’s great and exciting to see. Thank you again for all of your support.
- It’s Catholic Schools Week at the school, full of many fun activities. Monday was Pajama Day, Tuesday was Crazy Clothes and Hat Day, today is Student Color Day, tomorrow is Dress Up Day, and Friday is Sports Day. In addition to their regular learning, the students have games, do a service project, and go roller skating to celebrate Catholic Education.
- Last night, we met as the Parish Advisory Council. You can see the members pictured above, with Paul Stokman not in the picture. The mission of the parish advisory council is to focus on the big picture of the parish and further the life of the parish and school. Last night, among other things, we discussed and planned for various events in the months ahead. We checked in on the Shroud Presentation on March 8th and 9th, the Eucharistic Miracles exhibit coming from March 31st-April 3rd, a special presentation on Mercy in October, a pilgrimage planned to the Holy Doors this summer, Lenten activities, and much more. If you have any ideas for the parish, feel free to contact the parish advisory board or you can always contact me directly. We are blessed with a great group.
- We will have the usual Wednesday activities today with youth group and faith formation. I look forward to visiting the first grade and seventh grade classrooms today for faith formation.
- Parent volunteers are hosting a special lunch for our teachers and staff today at the school to show their appreciation for them. We are so blessed in our school with great, dedicated teachers and staff.
- There will be a Eucharistic Procession in the school tomorrow at 2:00 where we process around the classrooms before closing with adoration and benediction in the gym. It is a reminder that the school is in God’s hands and not our own and it is a great visible reminder to the students of Christ’s presence in the Eucharist.
- This weekend is a big weekend for our confirmation students and many volunteers in our faith formation program, as we have the confirmation overnight retreat at True Friends. Again, we’re blessed with such a great group of volunteers that give up a great deal of time this weekend and, of course, throughout the year for our students to help them grow in their faith and support them. There will be presentations, time for fun, prayer, Mass, confessions, and much more. Please pray for all those who will be confirmed.
- Lent is now just a week away. Let’s make this Lent a good one. In case you missed it, here was an earlier post with a number of opportunities that we are offering as a parish for Lent, along with some suggested resolutions.
- As always, plan ahead for Sunday’s Mass by spending time with the readings ahead of time. Link here.
- Have you contributed to the Catholic Services Appeal? This is a great outreach that helps to bring those corporal and spiritual works of mercy to many in need.
I hope your week is going well. See you soon. Let’s continue to pray for each other.