I hope all is well. It’s a relatively quiet weekend in the parish on the hard calendar. Here’s what’s new:
- Sunday will be the Rite of Enrollment for our ninth graders preparing for confirmation. They will process in the Mass with their mentors and make their pledges to prepare seriously for the sacrament of confirmation, which will happen in the Spring of 2017. You will be given a name of someone who will be confirmed as you leave, and we would ask that you pray for that student in a special way. We will have coffee and donuts after the 10:00 A.M. Mass so you can greet and congratulate them too.
- Please pray for Camella Campbell and her family. Camella passed away recently. Her funeral will be on Wednesday at 11:00 here at Saint Timothy’s.
- There will be the opportunity to speak with volunteers after the Masses this weekend to learn more about the capital campaign, ask questions, or to sign up to help. Again, thank you to all those who have already volunteered or given financially. We already have $270,000 pledged. Thank you.
- This will be the last weekend to turn in your Marathon Pledges. We really challenged our students this year for the $18,000 goal. We’ve had a high rate of participation in the Marathon itself and in fundraising efforts from the school families, and now they need some extra help from the parish. Without raising money in fundraisers such as this, we can’t offer the wonderful Catholic education at Saint Timothy’s that we do. Thanks for your support.
- Another part of the technology grant that Saint Timothy’s School received is now on the way to the school. The Chromebooks have shipped and are en route. These are in addition to the iPads that we already use and the smart boards that have now been installed in every classroom.
- Tomorrow, Friday, will be an important day in the Synod of Families in Rome, as the bishops will release the results of their small group discussions so far. Please continue to pray for the Synod on the family in Rome and for all families.
- If you haven’t seen them yet, you can see the pictures from the Tony Deblois concert in the photo gallery section of our parish website here.
Have a great weekend. Since it’s a light “news weekend” in the parish, I’ve included a picture of Msgr. Callaghan, the rector of Saint Paul Seminary, who often visits Saint Timothy’s, being “honored” after the major seminary beat the college seminary last Saturday in football on the UST Field by a wide margin. I hope the Irish can do the same in their homecoming game tomorrow night. Every year, the two seminaries play each other in football. Hopefully, some of the current Irish players can help the seminary’s cause in the future.