There is a busy Friday and a busy weekend ahead here in the parish. Here’s some updates for Friday and beyond.
- This Saturday morning is our school Marathon. The students and parents will gather in the gym for registration and prayer before biking or walking, depending on their age range. This is the second largest fundraiser for our school after the spring auction. Again, the students pray for the intentions of all those who donate. We appreciate your support and your pledges. You can still return your pledges in collection basket this weekend.
- This Saturday is also the first Saturday of the month which means we have confessions at 7:30 A.M., Mass at 8:00 A.M., and devotions, blessings, and adoration after Mass. The devotions usually conclude around 9:15-9:25 A.M. when I will rush to the gym to kick off the Marathon with a prayer.
- Friday is the feast of the Guardian Angels. We honor and ask for the intercession of our guardian angels in a special way.
- Tomorrow, the 5th graders from the school will help read and serve for the nursing home Mass at the Care Center in Annandale. It’s always a great experience for the children and the residents enjoy seeing them. Father George and I take turns celebrating the first Friday Mass in Annandale.
- The Core Team of the youth group will be on retreat this weekend in South Haven. There, they will pray, have fun, learn how to lead in the youth group, and do other activities. Please keep them in your prayers.
- I look forward to joining the altar servers and parent chaperones at the Twins Game on Sunday. The Knights of Columbus are sponsoring a trip for the servers of Saint Timothy’s and Saint Ignatius to thank them for their service and dedication. There might still be tickets available. If you’re interested, please contact John Northenscold.
- Before going to the game, though, I look forward to baptizing three children. As you know, the baptisms are usually after the 10:00 A.M. Mass on the first Sunday of the month. We usually have between three-six babies baptized at this time. It’s always a wonderful sacrament to celebrate.
- Come a little hungry to Mass this weekend. We’ll have coffee and donuts after the 8:00 and 10:00 A.M. Masses.
- There will also be a special announcement this weekend at all Masses. You might be able to guess what it is based on a recent mailing. I look forward to sharing more information about this soon.
- Please pray for Jake Allbee and Chelsey Erickson who are being married on Saturday and having their rehearsal tomorrow evening, and please continue to pray for all married couples.
- As a reminder, the ALPHA courses begin on Sunday evening. Many of you have inquired about the Pope Francis’ “Joy of the Gospel” course. Come check it out on Sunday at 5:30 P.M. in the church basement. There will also be the usual course on the “kerygma” or foundations of our Christian faith.
- Don’t forget to make plans to attend the concert on Wednesday night. I hope you saw the article on the front page of this week’s Messenger about it too.
These are just some of the highlights of the weekend ahead. I hope you have a great weekend, and I hope you’re enjoying the weather. See you soon.