I hope that all is going well as we enter into a unique weekend.
I wanted to give you a general update on church operations during this time. As you know, all of this is subject to change at any moment, due to the constantly changing situation.
However, as of right now, here is our current status:
- The Church itself should be open for personal prayer every day at least until 10:00 PM. We have a large space so social distancing should not be a problem. Of course, all communal prayer opportunities, such as Mass and the Stations of the Cross, have been suspended indefinitely.
- The Adoration Chapel is also open for perpetual adoration. We are blessed with a large enough space to accommodate social distancing. We ask that you please make sure to respect the rules of social distancing and stay at least six feet away from other adorers. We can accommodate four adorers at a time as a maximum. If it goes beyond those four, you will need to go to the church or come a different time. Of course, if you feel sick in any way or don’t feel comfortable coming for any reason, please stay home. The health of you and your loved ones and the broader community is of utmost concern. We are hopeful that we can respect the CDC guidelines and still offer this place of prayer before the Eucharist during this time of uncertainty.
- Confessions are still being offered at the normal times, at this point in time. Wednesdays and Fridays, 7:30 AM-7:55 AM and Saturday, 3:30 PM-4:15 PM. We do have a sheet of plastic covering the screen as an extra layer of protection. Also, outside of the confessional there is hand sanitizer to be used before and after you leave.
- Public Masses are suspended. Please know that I am celebrating a private Mass each day and am praying that Mass for the original intention requested for that day. If anyone would like to schedule a different day for their intention because the Mass is now private, please contact the parish office.
- Generally, all other parish events, activities, and functions are being canceled or rescheduled during this time unless you hear otherwise. Any events, activities, and functions that do happen need to respect the CDC guidelines and social distancing.
I hope this is helpful. Once again, please stay tuned to Facebook and the parish website where you will find any announcements. Again, as we all know, the situation can change every day. God bless all of you. Let’s continue to pray for each other.