My hope is to post as regularly as possible here about various parish activities and events and what is happening in the parish and school. While certainly not comprehensive, here is a brief update:
- The Faith Formation teachers and aides had a workshop last night to prepare for the year ahead. I’m so grateful for all of their time and dedication to teaching the children of our parish. We are blessed to be able to have such good teachers and role models here who are willing to sacrifice over an hour per week in addition to the time needed for lesson planning. Special thanks are owed to Debbie Biegler again too for all of her hard work and commitment. We look forward to the start of another school year.
- Heather, High School Aged and College Aged youth, and I completed our study and small group discussion of Pope Francis’ latest Encyclical “Laudato Si”. It was a great group and a great study. The document made the news for a number of reasons and was often quoted out of context. It is, of course, well worth a read and offers many powerful insights and challenges to all of us. Special thanks are owed to Heather for her work here and the great group of youth who participated. We hope to continue these small group discussions during the school year with the youth too.
- The teachers in our school are also having workshops this week and are preparing hard for the new school year. We’re excited to have the students back in the school soon. It always brings great life to our parish. What a great staff and teachers we have in our school.
- There will be a baptism class tonight at 7:00 P.M. in the church basement. As you know, this class is required of anyone who wants their child baptized and has not already taken it. The purpose of the class is to help refresh our memories on what baptism is, why it is important, and some practicalities about the rite itself.
- The Knights of Columbus will meet tonight at 7:00 P.M. in the church basement as well.
- We look forward to introducing a new, great program for parents this weekend. Stay tuned for more information about that.
- The trip to Ireland continues to receive a very positive response. I haven’t checked recently how many official registrations we have in-hand, but I know we are nearing a full bus soon. If you want to come and haven’t already registered, please do so soon.
There’s certainly more to report and say, but there is a brief update. Happy feast of Saint Monica. Let’s remember in prayer in a special way today those who have gone astray from the faith. Have a great day.