Happy feast of Saint Augustine. Here is an update on things happening in the parish today, this weekend, and beyond:
- There will be a Mass this evening at 7:00 P.M. in the church. This is the opening Mass for Holy Spirit Academy in Monticello. Each year, local parishes take turns hosting this Mass. Many of the students at Holy Spirit Academy, a new high school founded two years ago to educate students in the Catholic tradition, come from Saint Timothy’s. The faculty of Holy Spirit will give their oath of fidelity to the Church and Father Nate Meyers from Saint Francis will preach.
- Fall festival planning continues. Thank you to those who have already offered to help and those who have contributed to the festival financially. For those who do not yet have something to do, especially those in groups five and six, please consider helping. Look for more information by the adoration chapel. Thank you too for your help in selling the raffle tickets for the cash raffle. We had a bit of a delay in getting them to you, so your special attention in selling them is greatly appreciated. The festival allows us to keep our parish alive and well.
- There will be a Bake and Produce sale this weekend after all Masses in the courtyard. Please bring any goods for sale to the courtyard before Mass and stop by afterwards to look at what’s available. Proceeds will go to the school this year.
- I’m sure many of you saw the front page story about our new preschool at the school in the Maple Lake Messenger. If you haven’t, please read it when you have a moment. We’re excited to have the preschool and Mrs. Hennen. Contact the school for additional information if you or someone you know might be interested.
- You will see a beautiful new image of the Holy Family displayed in the church soon, thanks to a generous donor. This is a replica of the official image of the World Meeting of Families happening in Philadelphia. We will have it in display by the ambo throughout the month of September. It will be a great time to focus on family life and to ask God’s special blessing on our own families.
- Registrations continue to come in for the “Epic” Bible Study this year. It will be a great study on the history of the Church.
- Teachers in the school continue to prepare their classrooms and have everything ready for the new year. It’s been fun to stop by and visit the classrooms and talk with the teachers. It’s great to have them back.
- The new SMART boards will arrive soon. Some were purchased through the Fund-A-Need from the Spring Auction and some were purchased through a grant received, about which I will share more soon. We will now have SMART boards in every classroom. We will also have additional iPads, new Chromebooks, and more. This will allow us to stay on top of the technology curve.
- Want to prepare for the weekend Masses? Read the readings ahead of time:
Have a great Friday and a blessed weekend ahead.