I hope you’re having a great week. It has been some time since I have written an update on life around the parish and school. Here is an update on various activities, projects, events, and more that are happening around Saint Timothy’s.
- As mentioned earlier, we have a plan in place for replacing the church roof. We are excited to begin work as soon as possible. We do have a targeted, tentative start date to begin the project in mid to late September, but that date may change since there are always variables with these projects. We have everything in place behind the scenes and are excited to begin. The replacement will take a number of weeks.
- The new addition for the school classrooms look great. All of us are very excited for parishioners and visitors to stop by and see them and see the fruits of your generosity and support and the work of many in our community. We do hope to have a more formal event in the future where people can tour the new classrooms. Thank you again for your support. It will be such a blessing for our teachers and students in our school to have the additional space.
- We had a great open house for the school last evening. Thank you to those who came. We’re excited to welcome back the students have classes begin this Tuesday. It’s always great to have the additional life that the school brings to our parish. With the new classrooms, another year of the preschool, preschool grant money, an updated computer lab, top of the line technology, and the usual great work of our teachers and staff, it should be a great year.
- Our catechists and new DRE, Andrew Zeisel, have been busy preparing for the new faith formation year as well. We have a great group of catechists, aides, and volunteers. I’m grateful for their service. Andrew led them in two workshops the last two weeks, and we look forward to the faith formation open house this Wednesday. Students and parents can meet their teachers, see their classrooms, register, and more.
- We are also gearing up for the youth group to begin once again with the school year. Baylyn Wagner has been busy this summer preparing to welcome back the youth. Open youth room begins this Wednesday. Meals will begin for open youth room on September 14th.
- Part of the capital campaign project was also to replace the two side roofs of the school. The west roof in particular has been leaking for some time. Thanks to your generosity, we will be able to replace that roof and the roof on the east side, as well as add more modern insulation in the months ahead. We hope to do so before this winter. Again, thank you for all of your support for the campaign to make sure that our facilities are in good order for many years to come.
- This Saturday is the first Saturday of the month. Come for 7:30 AM Confessions, 8:00 AM Mass, blessings and devotions at 8:30.
There is much more happening around the parish, but there is a brief update. Thank you for all of you who have returned the fall festival pledge cards. Thank you to the co-chairs, Chris and Shannon Paumen and John and Susie Peterson, and all of the event chairs and volunteers. We look forward to a great day on Sunday, September 25th.