I hope you had a great weekend, and I hope to see all of you at the Advent Adoration Night tonight.
Here is what’s new around the parish and school:
- Last night, we had our finance council meeting. I posted earlier with an update on what was discussed and a general introduction to the finance council. You can find that here. I’m grateful for their time and service.
- Don’t forget to stop by tonight for the Advent Adoration Night. I know those who come will enjoy it. This is a very busy time of the year, I know, for everyone. It’s during those times that it’s all the more important to take some time to find quiet and peace and strength in prayer. Even if you can’t come for a typical “holy hour”, please consider at least stopping by and visiting with the Lord for a few minutes. I will also be in the confessional from roughly 7:00-9:00 PM to hear confessions. It’s an opportunity for us to pray as a parish together and have a special experience of adoration with live music and more. I hope to see you there. Let’s pray for each other during this time and pray in a special way for those who are suffering.
- The Music Program and Concert at the school is Thursday at 7:00 P.M. As always, it should be a great program. The children have been practicing hard, and we look forward to seeing them sing, act, and play on Thursday. See you there.
- Plan ahead for this Sunday’s Mass readings. Find them here. If you’re wondering what to pray with during the quiet of adoration or prayer at home, these would be great. Also, I hope you will find the Advent and Year of Mercy Magnifcat companions that we gave to you helpful in this way too. Some of our prayers at the adoration night tonight will be from the Advent companion.
- The work on the school addition will be delayed for a week or so due to the weather.
- Please pray for Erma Jude and her family. Erma’s funeral will be at Saint Timothy’s on Thursday at 10:30 A.M.
- Tomorrow, in addition to the usual Wednesday activities with youth group, faith formation, and Bible study, there will be a confirmation party for 10th grade mentors and candidates.
- Thank you again for all of your gifts to the Giving Tree. We had a successful distribution last week. Thank you to Liz Elsenpeter for chairing this important outreach.
- The school children have also been busy going to confession during this season of Advent. I will have the sixth and fifth grades today and the fourth graders on Thursday. It has also been great to have the children at our Tuesday morning daily Masses in addition to the usual Thursday Mass time. They also have various prayer services and activities to honor the season of Advent in their schedule at the school.
- Saturday, the youth group and any interested parishioners will be going to “Feed my Starving Children” to help pack meals for the poor. This is, of course, a wonderful way to live out the Gospel and also obtain an indulgence in this Year of Mercy. Pope Francis has said performance of spiritual and corporal works of mercy will be rewarded with a special indulgence. This is because it’s a way to live out the Gospel of Mercy and love with those in our midst.
- Our parish penance service will be this Sunday, December 20th at 7:00 P.M. We will have three other priests from the surrounding parishes to help with confessions. If you haven’t yet gone to confession for Advent, this would be another opportunity to receive God’s infinite love and mercy that always renews us and brings us joy.
Those are the main events and activities happening in our parish. I hope you see all of you tonight for the night of adoration.