I hope your week is going well. On the hard calendar, today is a typical Wednesday. Here are a few odds and ends around the parish or Church today:
- Today was an ecumenical day in many respects, as the local Christian pastors gathered for breakfast and for lunch for different meetings or socials. It’s always good to get together and spend time together and compare what is happening in our churches.
- Father Steve Pawelk is visiting and will be expressing his gratitude this weekend for all of your support for his mission churches in Tennessee, which continue to grow. It’s great to have him here and hear the stories from the missions and the fruit of people’s work and generosity. The CCW will raffle a quilt this weekend to support Father Steve’s work as well.
- We have the usual Wednesday schedule of morning confessions, Mass, and Bible study. We then have youth group and the afternoon and evening faith formation sessions. I look forward to teaching part of the third and ninth grade classes today.
- Pope Francis is continuing his Wednesday audiences on the theme of the family. He gave a great talk on the need for forgiveness within family life today. Link here.
- The proof for the directory has officially shipped.
- Pray for all those who are discerning a vocation to the priesthood. The dinner with the Archbishop for potential seminarians was full last night and had the highest response ever. Today is the feast day of Saint Charles Borromeo, the patron saint of seminarians, so this is a fitting day to pray for all seminarians too.
- Thanks for your continued, powerful witness to the faith in your lives, families, and community.
See you soon.