I hope your week is going well. Today, we celebrate the feast day of Saint Peter Claver, who worked in the early 17th century to help the slaves arriving in South America. He proclaimed himself the “slave of the slaves”. Read more about him here.
There is a lot happening around the parish. Here is an update:
- Today, we kick off Open Youth Room with a cookout in the city park. Please join us. Special thanks to the Knights of Columbus for their help in providing the food. It goes from 3-7. We’re excited to have the youth back for open youth room.
- Tonight is the faith formation open house. It goes from 6:00-7:30 at the school. Register your child for their faith formation classes, meet their teachers and aides, and learn about the curriculum for the year. Again, we’re so blessed to have a dedicated team of volunteers to help teach the faith to the children.
- Tonight, there is also a special, brief meeting for the various chairs of the fall festival activities at 7:00 P.M. Come to the church basement. This meeting will allow for everyone to be on the same page and have any questions answered. Thank you to those who have offered to help. Don’t forget to mark your calendars for the festival, which will be on Sunday, September 27th.
- All of the smart boards, which were purchased through a special grant and through the fund-a-need from the spring auction last year, arrived at the school yesterday. They will be installed in the next few days. We’re excited to have them.
- Last night, the CCW had a great meeting. I’m grateful to Betty Thomes and Barb Manuel who will serve as co-presidents to fill the vacant leadership positions. It will be great to have their leadership and service. As part of the discussion for how to plan for the future, the long list of activities, donations, services, and gifts that the CCW has done for our parish, school, and community was mentioned. It was truly impressive to hear all of their good work. The CCW has done great things. I’m so glad that Betty and Barb will continue that tradition.
- The first day of school went very well. It’s great to have everyone back in school and to see many new faces this year.
- Many people continue to ask about the directory. We’re trying as hard as possible to get it into your hands soon. We’re almost at the point where we can submit our materials to Lifetouch. The last piece of the puzzle is that we need to edit our parish roster to include the cell phone numbers, emails, and other changes that were made by many of you when you signed up for your pictures. With the start of the school year, fall festival, and other important behind-the-scene projects, we’re a little delayed. Once we make those changes, we’ll submit the materials, Lifetouch will send us a proof in a few weeks, we’ll approve the proof, and we’ll hopefully have the final copies in the next two months.
I hope to see you tonight at one of the various activities. God bless.